The term "PastelPrint" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose office is 64 Lincoln Avenue, TW2 6NQ. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Please note below Copyright and Protection of Intellectual Property.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, text and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. Please note below Copyright and Protection of Intellectual Property.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or have any business association with them/the individual or company associated with the linked website. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without PastelPrint's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Copyright and Protection of Intellectual Property
The contents of this website is protected by copyright and the use of any content (text or graphics) therein is strictly prohibited. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
Protection of copyright and intellectual capital is illegal and any breaches are taken very seriously and will not be tolerated. The use of images of articles made by PastelPrint may not be used by any other parties to promote their or other similar businesses. This practice is known as "passing off" and is illegal and also in breach of Trading Standards Regulations. PastelPrint has a unique font for personalisation, which enables us to identify pieces we have made very easily. Any company or individual claiming to be able to replicate the item perfectly may be guilty of counterfeiting our products.
In plain English this means - if you purchase jewellery from PastelPrint, do not under any circumstances try to use the images thereof to promote your own fingerprint jewellery business. Indeed, if it is your intention to purchase from PastelPrint in order to gain information on our process, methods, advertising materials, packaging etc., then we would ask you to refrain from doing so. If you wish to start your own similar business, then please feel free to write your own website, text, instructions, methods etc. and not copy ours- to do so is underhanded, lazy and misleading. Action will be taken against any company or individual who tries to do so.
We regret that we have had to put this note on our website, but in recent months we have had to take action against several individuals/fingerprint jewellery companies who have either purchased items from us and then used the images thereof to promote their own companies and/or used text and content from our site in their own. This is not only confusing, misleading and deceptive to potential customers and blatant infringement of copyright and intellectual capital, but also potentially damaging to the reputation and goodwill that PastelPrint has built up over the years.
"The consumer protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 prohibit traders from misleading consumers about a product by giving false or deceptive information about a number of matters. To breach the majority of the Regulations, the misleading action or omission must cause, or be likely to cause the average consumer to make a different transactional decision (eg. make a purchase which he would not otherwise have made)." Trading Standards
"Effectively the consumer protection regulations prohibit trading practives which are unfair to consumers and include : misleading actions and omissions; a general duty not to trade unfairly. The CPRs prohibit misleading actions and misleading omissions, which cause, or are likely to cause, the average consumer to take a different transactinal decision. They also contain criminal offences and also allow civil enforcement action." Trading Standards
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 - Cancellation/Refund of orders
PastelPrint aims to supply handmade items finished to the highest standards and we hope that you will be totally happy with your purchases.
In the European Union, the consumer has a cooling-off period of seven working days after the day the goods are received. However, the right to cancel does not apply to personalised goods or goods made to a consumer's specification, so no refunds are possible on bespoke/personalised/made-to-order items.
If you wish to cancel your order prior to manufacture of bespoke pieces, a discretionary charge of up to £7.50 may apply to cover admin and mail order kit. A full refund will be made if cancellation is received prior to mailing out of any Impression/Print kits to you.
Should you wish to return items other than personalised items eg. necklaces, bracelets or keyring attachments, please contact email@example.com within 7 days after receipt of goods. These items must be returned at your own expense and once received, the relevant refund will be processed. You are advised to used a "signed for" service for return of items to PastelPrint, as we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the item in transit back to us.
In the event of receipt of a faulty item or an item that we have incorrectly personalised or made, PastelPrint will refund your postage costs to return said item and send you the correct items as soon as possible.
Items personalised with incorrectly provided information (by the customer) cannot be refunded or returned, so you are urged to check your personalisation form before returning it with your impressions/prints and ensure your spelling and dates are correct.
Further information on your rights with regards to Distance Selling is available at: http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38102.html
Postage and delivery information
Once your order and payment has been received and processed, a kit will be mailed to you within 2 working days by Royal Mail First Class Post. Any delays in us being able to mail out kits will be advised to you when you place your order. Should your impressions or prints not be good enough to use, you will be sent a second kit at no extra charge, so that you can try again. Instructions for the use of impression/print kits are very clear and you should have no trouble using the kits, as long as you read the instructions - if you have any difficulties, please contact me for further tips. Once the impressions or prints have been received, we will endeavour to make your item within 28 days. Most items, unless otherwise stated, should take no more than 10-14 days. Certain bespoke items eg. TotsArt, may take longer and delivery times are noted on the relevant product pages on this website. If you would like your order by a certain date, please ask when ordering and we will see whether it is possible to meet your date requirements. Completed items will be mailed by Special Delivery next day delivery (before 1pm). Royal Mail Special Delivery is an insured service which covers the postage of jewellery and a signature will be required upon delivery. All mail sent is checked by my local Post Office to ensure postage is correct and you should not have to pay any excess postage on packages received.
International orders will go via AirSure or International Signed For - depending on destination and in some cases, additional postage will need to be charged, but you will be advised of this when ordering. Generally though, the regular P&P charge of £10 will cover all postage charges. Should your order be mailed internationally, you will be responsible for any VAT or import duties that are valid for importation of goods into your country.
Delayed or Lost Packages
Please note that PastelPrint cannot be held responsible for any post or packages delayed or lost by Royal Mail (received by us or sent to you) thereby missing deadlines/your delivery date requirements. In the event of late or non-delivery of your item, please contact us and we will try to track the item with Royal Mail and advise you as to the status of said package. In the event of lost parcels, we can only offer a replacement or refund after Royal Mail has classified the package as lost - which is usually around 3 weeks.
Please check your products carefully when receiving them and advise us if any item has been received broken or faulty. All jewellery worn is subject to normal wear and tear and could easily be broken or damaged. Please check your items regularly to ensure that no clasps or links are loose, to ensure that you do not lose your special pieces. PastelPrint cannot be held responsible for the loss of items due to negligence or wear and tear. Care instruction cards are enclosed with each piece and posted on this website under FAQ's.
1. PastelPrint Gift Vouchers can be used whole or in part to purchase products from this website. An invoice reference is supplied on the gift voucher, so that it can be validated when ordering.
2. To redeem a gift voucher, the recipient must quote their unique invoice reference and details of their order.
3. Gift vouchers can be used to pay for postage costs. Please note that the receipt of a gift voucher does not imply that the cost of postage has been waived. Should you have been sent an impression/print kit with your gift voucher, you will still be liable to pay the Special Delivery charge if the item(s) are to be mailed to you.
4. If the entire amount is not redeemed, credit will be given against future purchases.
5. Please note the expiry date on your voucher. Should a gift voucher be redeemed after the expiry date, PastelPrint reserves the right not to accept the voucher as payment for items ordered. You are urged to use your gift vouchers as soon as possible. If it is difficult for you to redeem the voucher before the expiry date eg you are given it as a gift when you are still pregnant, please advise us as soon as possible.
6. If a product purchased with a gift voucher is returned, the gift voucher will be re-issued. All Distance Selling Regulations (see above) and returns policies apply.
7. Gift Vouchers are issued in Pounds Sterling.
Prices may be increased without notice on the website but increases will not affect any orders placed before the increase becomes effective. PastelPrint reserves the right to correct any errors in pricing on invoicing and ask for additional payment if necessary.